Ramblin Ridge Policies:
- When placing a deposit to pick a puppy from a current or upcoming litter, your name will be placed on our reservation list and you will then have the option to pick a puppy (in the order your deposit was received) as they arrive, or wait for a future litter. The reservation list is updated upon receipt of the deposit, and not when you tell us a deposit is on its way. If we have available puppies with no current reservations, you will be allowed to pick a puppy at any time.
- It is great to be at the top of the list of course, but it also means you will have to make a selection fairly early. Example: If you are #1 on the list, you will be required to make your selection by 4 weeks of age so we can allow the rest of the people with reservations to make their selections in a timely manner. When it is your turn to select your puppy, you will be notified by us and then are given 3 days to make a selection. When you make your selection, “SOLD” will appear next to your selected puppy’s picture and description along with your First name and Last initial. If it is your turn to select, and you are unable to make a selection in the 3 day period, your name will be bumped down to the next spot on the list, and you will again be allowed to make a selection when it becomes your turn.
- Deposits are refundable (minus $20 fee) if we do not have the color or sex of puppy that is specified when the deposit is placed.
- Deposits can be rolled over to a future litter if desired (Deposit will be held up to 1 year from date deposit was placed).
- Deposits are not refunded if you simply change your mind about getting a puppy from us.
- We cannot hold a puppy without a deposit.
- Prices listed are for Pet with Limited Registration with Spay/Neuter Required. Please contact us for information on Show/Breeding Quality pups with Full Registration. Full registration will only be given on a limited basis to experienced and knowledgeable owners who have the desire to do the minimum health testing required. This is necessary in order to continue to promote the health, well-being, and quality of the Australian Shepherd breed.
- We reserve the right to keep any pup produced by us at any time and will refund a deposit if this occurs.
- Puppies will be allowed to go to their new homes after 7 weeks of age, but are welcome to stay a week or two longer if desired.
Right of First Refusal:
- If at any time you are unable to keep a pup/dog that was obtained from Ramblin Ridge, we are to be contacted first, prior to any attempt to rehome or sell the pup/dog. Under NO circumstances shall a pup/dog be released or surrendered to an Animal Shelter, Humane Society, or Rescue Group.
- Tri color pups (Black or Red) $1200
- Merle pups (Blue or Red) $1500
- All Puppies will be up to date on age appropriate shots and de-wormings prior to going to their new homes. You will be given information pertaining to when your puppy should receive its next vaccinations according to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) recommendations.
- Please be aware that all puppies require regular dewormings under the advice of your Veterinarian. All puppies are susceptible to Roundworms, Hookworms, Tapeworms, Whip-worms, and occasionally protozoal parasites called Coccidia or Giardia.
- It is always recommended under the advice of your Veterinarian that puppies have regular stool checks for worms and regular de-worming medications. Heartworm prevention should also be started usually about 8-10 weeks of age to assist with the control of worms and to prevent Heartworm infection.
- Please be aware and remind your Veterinarian that some Aussies can have sensitivities to some medications including some Heartworm medications
- We do DNA testing on our adult breeding dogs for multiple genetic disorders to ensure you are receiving the healthiest puppy possible! This testing is done by Paw Print Genetics (www.pawprintgenetics.com) or Animal Genetics (www.animalgenetics.us) Please visit their websites if you are interested in learning more!